gamED: Gamification for Developing Essential Competencies in Youth Work
The Project aims to develop youth workers’ capacity to improve the quality of programs aiming at developing key competencies that lead to a successful life and instill in youth core values of fairness, social justice, involvement in the community, by learning gamification & game design for developing & delivering innovative curriculums.
6 partners from 3 European countries (Portugal, Romania, Spain) propose a complex multi-layered intervention, in the framework of a project having the following this general objective. The complementary expertise of the consortium members will be of great use in ensuring a full package of using Gamification for Developing Essential Competencies in Youth Work.
- Creating a series of 4 tools to support youth workers in delivering and creating quality educational programs for youth by using gamification in different educational sectors.
- Fostering the development of key competencies and values for min. 420 youth involved in gamification processes.
- Raising awareness and knowledge regarding how to use gamification in youth work through face-to-face and online dissemination of project outputs for min. 7,090 people.
- By the end of the project, a full package of using gamification and (board) game-based learning will be available and ready to be used with and/or for 14-24 y.o. the youth of different socio-economical backgrounds and other specificities, in a wide range of contexts:
- Gamified Learning Contents on Key Competencies (GLC) – with 10 relevant key competencies gamified
- Hi-Quest 2.0 Board Game an educational journey of conquering cities impersonating essential competencies based on the Hero’s Journey and team work
- Guidelines on how to co-create gamified contents together with participants in nonformal and formal contexts – a tool encouraging youth workers to involve their beneficiaries when planning learning processes for them and teaching them how to use gamification in competencies’ development programs.
gamED ⇒ is an ERASMUS+ PROGRAMME, approved by the European Commission under grant agreement number: 2020-3-RO01-KA205-095067. This project has been funded from the European commission.